What is SOMATROPIN
It is a synthetic form of Human Growth Hormone (HGH). It is created using recombinant DNA technology and is identical in structure to the growth hormone produced naturally by the pituitary gland. It is used medically to treat growth hormone deficiency in children and adults, as well as other conditions that result in growth failure. It is also sometimes used by athletes and bodybuilders to enhance muscle growth and athletic performance.
Details of Somatropin
- Administration:- Injectable
- Brand: Ranbaxy
- Licensed:-US FDA Approved
What are the uses of SOMATROPIN?
Somatropin is used medically to treat growth hormone deficiency in children and adults. It is also sometimes used to treat other conditions that result in growth failure, such as Turner syndrome, chronic kidney disease, and Prader-Willi syndrome. In addition to its medical uses, it has also been used by athletes and bodybuilders to enhance muscle growth and athletic performance.
Benefits of using SOMATROPIN
The benefits of using this injectable depend on the reason for its use. In children and adults with a growth hormone deficiency, it can help to promote growth and development, increase bone density, improve body composition by decreasing body fat and increasing lean muscle mass, and improve energy levels and overall quality of life. In addition to its medical uses, It has also been used by athletes and bodybuilders to enhance muscle growth and athletic performance. Some potential benefits of using somatropin for this purpose may include increased muscle mass, improved exercise performance, and faster recovery from workouts.
Possible side Effects of SOMATROPIN
Common side effects may include swelling, redness, or itching at the injection site, as well as joint pain or stiffness. Other potential side effects may include:
- Nausea or vomiting
- Muscle or joint pain
- Tingling or numbness in the skin
- Increased cholesterol levels
- Increased risk of diabetes
- Increased risk of cancer, particularly in patients who have a history of cancer
Who should not take SOMATROPIN?
It is not suitable for everyone. People who have the following conditions should not take somatropin:
- A history of cancer or tumours, particularly those affecting the pituitary gland or hypothalamus (structure deep within your brain).
- Acute critical illness, such as a traumatic injury, surgery, or respiratory failure.
- Active malignancy (cancer).
- Diabetic retinopathy (a complication of diabetes that affects the eyes).
- Severe breathing problems, such as asthma or sleep apnea.
- Hypersensitivity to somatropin or any of its components.
How to Store and Dispose Safely
It should be stored properly to maintain its efficacy and prevent contamination. Here are some guidelines for storing
- Keep it in the refrigerator at a temperature between 36°F to 46°F (2°C to 8°C). Do not freeze.
- Protect it from light by keeping it in the original package until ready to use.
- Do not use it that has been stored improperly or has expired.
When disposing follow these steps:
- Dispose of any unused injectables in accordance with local regulations.
- Do not throw it away use a trash or flush it down the toilet.
- If you are unsure how to dispose, ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist for guidance.
Injections of somatropin are used to replace growth hormone (a naturally occurring hormone produced by the body) in adults and infants with a deficiency. Injections of somatropin are also used to stimulate growth in children with conditions that inhibit normal growth and development.
Possession or importation of human growth hormone requires a prescription in Australia, and it is prohibited for companies to advertise it to the general public.
Human growth hormone (HGH) is linked to increased adipose loss and cosmetic muscle growth. Human growth hormone may be injected by bodybuilders to attain a more muscular appearance. However, the majority of the increase in muscle mass is not due to genuine muscle growth but rather to fluid retention.
It is possible to experience headaches, vertigo, vomiting, fatigue, muscle pain, or weakness. If these symptoms persist or become bothersome, consult your physician or pharmacist immediately.
Injectable somatropin is a synthetic version of human growth hormone. The pituitary gland naturally produces growth hormone, which is required to stimulate development in children. Human-made growth hormone may be administered to adults and infants suffering from conditions that inhibit normal growth.